Sarie: “The Clear Victory” Liberated 100 Square KM in al-Baidha
Spokesman of Sana’a forces, Brigadier General Yahya Sarie, has revealed details of a military operation named Al-Nasr Al-Mubin “The Clear Victory”, which was carried out by Sana’a forces and the Popular Committees (Houthis’ fighters) in al-Baidha province, in which they were able to liberate more than 100 square kilometers.
In a press statement, on Thursday, Brigadier General Yahya Sarie said that various units of the Armed Forces participated in the operation, backed by the population and tribes of al-Baidha province.
He indicated that “the air force and missile force” carried out 66 operations, in which the Air force carried out 40 attacks against the enemy forces along with 17 reconnaissance and monitoring operations, while the missile force carried out nine strikes, using Badr and Saeer type ballistic missiles.
Yahya Sarie confirmed that the army forces succeeded in targeting takfiri groupings during the offensive.
The spokesman said that the operation resulted in the liberation of all areas seized by Al-Qaeda and Daesh (ISIS) elements in al-Baidha, as well as large areas in the Al-Zahir and al- Sawma’ah districts, with a total area of 100 square kilometers.
“Over 350 takfiris were killed and 560 mercenaries injured, while others escape to the occupied territories,” he said.
“Our forces were able to destroy and damage 29 armored vehicles and other vehicles during the operation,” Sarie added.
Yahya Sarie added that the activation of takfiri groups is part of the American plans to target Yemen and hand it over to mercenaries and terrorists.
The Saudi-led coalition had been supporting takfiri groups with weapons and logistical support, as well as facilitating the entry of dozens of foreign terrorist fighters into the targeted areas.
Spokesman of Sana’a forces noted that Saudi-led coalition warplanes carried out more than 161 airstrikes in support of takfiri groups during the battle.