Member of the Supreme Political Council (SPC), the highest ruling authority in Sana’a, Mohammad Ali al-Houthi, said that the Saudis had no intention of negotiating and there is no real prospect for peace.
“The war between us and the Saudis will continue until the aggression against Yemen stops,” he told al-Jazeera TV.
“We have direct talks with the Saudis but the contacts have not reached the level of negotiations,” he added.
“If the UN envoy Martin Griffiths seeks success in the Yemeni case, he must change his approach to the negotiations,” Mohammed Ali al-Houthi added.
He also welcomed arrival of UN experts to repair Yemeni Safer oil tanker.
The Deputy Foreign Minister in National Salvation Government based in Sana’a, Hussein al-Ezzi, said during a conference, on Monday, that” while the UN and the Saudi-led Coalition were trying to present a misleading real from “Safer” oil tanker, Sana’a was the only one that demanded the repair of this tanker from 2016 until today.”
In June last year, UN aid chief Mark Lowcock told the UN Security Council that a leak or explosion of the vessel could be much worse than the Exxon Valdez oil spill of the late 1980s in Alaska.