The total number of COVID-19 cases in Yemen’s government-controlled provinces increased to 728 on Sunday, as 23 new cases were confirmed.
The Yemeni Health Ministry said in a brief statement that during the past 24 hours, the number of recoveries in the government-controlled areas increased to 53 since the outbreak of the novel coronavirus on April 10.
In Almaharah governorate, 12 new coronavirus infections were reported on Saturday, bringing the total number of cases there to 15.
In the southwestern city of Taiz, the national Supreme Committee on Coronavirus confirmed 31 new cases, raising the confirmed toll to 191 there.
“Fifty-four cases were examined and 31 of them have tested positive,” committee spokesman Ahmed Mansour said, state news agency Saba News said.
He said that eight of the patients have died which raises coronavirus fatalities to “42 cases” so far. “The cases that ended in recovery are sixteen.”