Aden officially confirms four  new COVID-19 cases

Saudi-backed government on Wednesday confirmed four new cases of COVID-19, bringing the “official” total number of recorded cases of coronavirus in the war-ravaged Aden city to 25.

According to a brief statement released by the supreme national emergency committee for COVID-19, in Hadi’s government, “three new coronavirus cases were recorded in the southern province of Lahj, one of whom has died.”

Another new confirmed COVID-19 case was recorded in the neighboring southern port city of Aden, according to the emergency committee.

The emergency committee based in Aden said that one COVID-19 patient diagnosed earlier in the country’s southwestern province of Taiz had died.

According to official information in Aden, The death toll in the country increased to five, and only one patient has recovered.

Elsewhere in Sana’a, the Houthis government  announced recording the first case of coronavirus infection in the country’s northern provinces.

During a press conference held in the capital Sana’a, health minister announced the first positive case of COVID-19 was a Somali national.

On May 2, the World Health Organization said Yemen’s fragile health system is facing catastrophic shortages after five years of war, while COVID-19 supplies in the country are grossly insufficient.

On April 10, Saudi-backed government recorded the first case of COVID-19 in Hadramout.