The Saudi-led coalition has implemented more than 65 offensive operations Since 9 April, until today Thursday , including creep and infiltration attempts in several provinces, Sana’a Armed Forces spokesman, Brigadier General Yahya Sare’e, said.
General Sare’e conformed that the Saudi-led coalition has increases the military escalation since the Saudi announcement of truce in 9 of April.
“ approximately 700 airstrikes have carried out by the coalition jet fighters ,during the same period, distributed in the provinces of Ma’rib, Sana’a, Al-Jawf, Al-Dhali ‘, Saada, Al-Hodeidah and Amran,” he added.
According to Sare’e , Just last week, forces loyal to Saudi Arabia carried out more than 13 creeps and infiltrations, distributed on the fronts of Marib, Al Bayda, Al Dhale’e, Al Jawf and the borders, While the coalition warplanes launched 200 airstrikes in various provinces
Sare’e said that the Saudi-led coalition launched more than 256 airstrikes from the end of March to the beginning of April on Al-Jawf.
On Wednesday, The Saudi-led combat jets carried out 12 strikes on Marib and Jawf provinces, Sare’e said.
Seven strikes hit various areas of Majzar district of Marib, and five others targeted Khab Washaf and al-Hazam districts of Jawf, he added.
Sare’e concluded his statement threatening the coalition with a harsh response to land and sea military escalation.
The Saudi-led coalition invaded Yemen in 2015. Since then, over 100,000 people have been killed, according to the US-based Armed Conflict Location and Event Data Project (ACLED).
The Saudi-led coalition and an accompanying blockade of Yemen continue despite the coronavirus pandemic and the impoverished country’s urgent need for medical supplies.
The war has also pushed the entire country close to the brink of famine.