Sana’a Army declared liberating al- Jawf Province

Yemen’s army loyal to Sana’a authorities (Houthis)  announced  it has cleared 95 percent of the northern province of Jawf from the presence of forces fighting for a military coalition led by Saudi in an operation that killed at least 1,200 of the Saudi-backed forces.

The Sana’a  Armed Forces spokesman, Brigadier General Yahya Sare’e, announced in a special statement to Almasirah, on Wednesday that “Allah Overpowered Them” operation has ended by clearing the rest of Al-Jawf province, where it has become liberated by 95%.

At least 1,200 Saudi-led forces were killed in the operation, he said , adding that the newly-liberated areas covered 3,500 square kilometers, including the entire al-Hazm Desert.

Sare’e indicated that the newly liberated area amounted to 3500 square kilometers, that is, Al-Hzm desert in addition to the areas of Khub Wa Ash-Sha’af.

He pointed out that the Al-Jawf desert formed the most important den of the so-called Al Qaeda and Daesh supported by the United States, Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates.

Sana’a forces  spokesman said the Saudi-led coalition’s most important base in the province, namely the al-Labanat military camp, had been destroyed, paving the way for a similar operation in the neighboring Ma’rib Province.

Sare’e said the Saudi-led coalition had significantly boosted its presence in Ma’rib recently and that the army and its allied fighters from Popular Committees were confronting them.

“We have strategic options that will make the enemy regret its escalation, and they must accept the consequences,” he added.

Sare’e also said that the Saudi-led coalition had launched more than 265 raids against the Yemeni nation in Jawf from the end of March to the beginning of April.