Saudi Initiative Does Not Include Anything New: Houthis


Spokesman of Yemen’s Anssarallah Movement and senior negotiator of the Sana’a National Salvation Government, Mohammed Abdulsalam, considered the initiative announced by Saudi Arabia on Monday to end the war in Yemen “does not include anything new.”

Abdulsalam affirmed that Saudi Arabia’s presentation itself as not a party of the war against Yemen is misleading and inaccurate.

“The Kingdom of Saudi Arabia is part of the war and must end the air and sea blockade on Yemen immediately,” Abdulsalam said in a statement to Reuters.

Anssarullah Spokesman pointed out that lifting the siege does not require an initiative, and “the bartering in the humanitarian file is a crime against an entire people.”

“Saudi Arabia should announce ending the “aggression” and lifting the siege, not present ideas that were previously discussed,” he stressed.

Early on Monday, Abdulsalam affirmed that the Saudi-led coalition countries must stop their “aggression” against Yemen and lift the siege comprehensively.

He said on Twitter that the humanitarian file must not be subject to the political and military blackmail.

He stressed the importance of reopening Sana’a airport and Hodeidah port as a humanitarian right.

In this regard, Mohammad Ali al-Houthi, Member of the Supreme Political Council (SPC), the highest ruling authority in Sana’a, commented on the initiative announced by Saudi Arabia on Monday to stop the war in Yemen.

Al-Houthi said on Twitter, “We were waiting for the announcement of the ceasefire and lifting of the siege have been imposed by the US-backed Saudi-led coalition on the Yemeni people.

He added, “To prove the seriousness of peace, the authorized ships must enter into the port of Hodeida before the ceasefire.”

Regarding the ceasefire, Al-Houthi said that the cease-fire is a welcome principle if the details submitted by Yemen to see a comprehensive peace solution have been agreed upon.



Source link

ــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــ